19 May Jenny’s Favorite Bruschetta Recipe
When we do tastings and talk about our oils, we inevitably start to talk about how to make the best use of fresh extra virgin olive oils. Oh, there are so many tasty uses. Jenny has a particular Bruschetta recipe that we’ll share here today…
What you’ll need –
- 1/2 lb. cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (Olioveto)
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- 2 pinches oregano (or to taste)
- 3/4 Tbsp. red onion (optional)
- 1 tsp. fresh Calabrian chili pepper (optional)
- 4 – 1/2″ thick slices bread (italian or sourdough loaf – of course, locally, we go for Blue Grouse breads!)
- Using a very sharp knife, gently cut cherry tomatoes into quarters and place into a bowl.
- (Optional) Finely chop onion & Calabrian chili pepper and place into bowl with tomatoes.
- Add olive oil, salt, and oregano and mix. Let sit for 30 minutes minimum to meld.
- Toast bread in toaster or oven until the top is brown and crunchy. Let cool.
- Evenly add tomato mixture onto bread. Garnish with one piece of basil and serve.